Saturday, January 1, 2011

1-1-11. Happy New Year.

The year of 2010 is gone, finished, past, we cannot undo it, or reclaim it. We cannot change the great distance it has brought us. When today dawned it brought us another day, another year, another chance to change what we want to change about ourselves and our lives.
Today is a time that many stop and reflect, evaluate, and plan for the coming year. That is a good practice, but it is only the first step on this journey. By the first signs of spring (whenever that may be depending on where you live) most of us will have long forgotten today's learning's and plans and be firmly on that same path we just decided to leave. Why? We're not lazy (well maybe some of us are sometimes), we're not stupid, most of us aren't sadistic and wanting to recreate more pain for ourselves, then why don't we carry out the plans we just spent time today to formulate? My personal answer is my lack of focus. I start with the best of intentions and then something else takes my eye and I lose just a little focus on what I have planned. I go for that instant gratification instead of sticking to my plan - after all - I've got all year to complete my plan don't I?
Well, in 2011 my plan is to WORK MY PLAN - STICK TO MY PLAN - ACCOMPLISH MY PLAN, and I will track my plan with milestone markers tied to specific dates. I will reclaim my life and start my own personal revolution.
A good friend of mine, and an unpaid mentor for me, in early December gave me a wonderful book called "The Hamster Revolution - Get Control of Meetings." The book was a very short read (think less than 2 hours) and it has a WOW factor of 10+ for me. So much so that I did 2 solid actions shortly after reading that book - 1. I bought 2 more copies and sent them to some other friends that I know would benefit from the book, and 2. I bought the 2nd book called "The Hamster Revolution - Stop Info-Glut - and - reclaim your life." Again another quick read book (another 2 hours or less) but I must confess that I WILL be re-reading both books, page by page again much more slowly as I reorganize my life. I very highly recommend you go to your computer today and check out this website: WWW.Getcontrol.net and see for yourself what you've been missing in our life.
One of my most popular resolutions every year is to read more (or listen to more) books during the year. Problem always arises that I can't find the time to accomplish this goal and even though I do read some books each year, I never seem to hit my goal of reading at least one book every other week. Well, with the time I see that I can gain using what I learned in both of those above books I KNOW I will be able to read at least 50 books in 2011 and still have time left over for those other things I want to do in addition to just reading books.
I will keep you posted on my progress and would love to (A) Hear your goals for 2011, (B) hear your plan on how to accomplish them, and (C) Celebrate with you when we both reach our goals for 2011.
It is totally up to us to make 2011 the best year ever in our lives. I'm working on my plan, how about you?
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment