Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Busy! Busy! Busy!

If you're like me you find yourself extremely busy these days, much more to accomplish each day than you have time for.  I was pondering why that seems to be when I decided to actually track the amount of time I spent for different activities. What a surprise!  I found I have been so busy because I become so distracted about worrying about things that I have absolutely no control over or that may never happen. Does this happen to you also?
I tend to go way beyond what would be normal levels of "preparation" into harmful levels of worrying about many things that I either can't control anyway, or that I imagine MAY or MIGHT happen and then they never do and I've wasted valuable time. Confusion is one of my more frustrating states of mind. Not seeing clearly, not being able to perceive fully, and not being able to understand leave me feeling silly or stupid.


SO WHAT DOES THIS MEAN?  In my world it means I end up very busy when that just isn't necessary!  I'm not suggesting here that I need to completely ignore valuable thoughts/pondering/preparations but when I find myself taking this to the extreme I tend to actually slow myself down and become far more BUSY than necessary. 
 
I watched a TV show recently called "Doomsday Preppers" - now these folks all spend much valuable time, efforts and money being prepared for survival when the emergency they feel will happen happens.  I find myself agreeing with much of the shows premise but again some folks tend to take it way too far (unless you feel owning 4 old school buses loaded with supplies and staged at various hiding points along a preplanned escape route normal). One family featured was spending all their free time stockpiling supplies in a remote location to the point they had enough supplies to last 10 years, for 24 people (4 in the family)  but had absolutely NO LIFE right now!

I believe BALANCE is the word that best describes what I am looking for in my life - not lazy, not busy, but balanced.  I plan to focus on balanced and let the world spin as it will. 

These are my thoughts, what are yours?
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment