Wednesday, October 12, 2011

MAYBE NEXT YEAR????

Many folks I come in contact with have already written off 2011 and are wishfully looking forward to next year. They seem to preface everything they say or do with "Maybe next year" and then outline some distant plan for doing what they want to accomplish.

I have to ask: "What is wrong with this year?" I guess I just don't understand why you can't still create accomplishments in 2011. Is this the best of times? NO. However, there is still time to make things happen and that will only happen if (A) YOU believe, (B) YOU start into action, (C) you actually DO something.

Anyone who knows me knows that I absolutely believe in written plans and goals, and that when you take the time to put your thoughts/ideas into writing it seems to make those things happen. I also like to do planning in advance of the need (whatever need that might be) so I agree that mid-October isn't too soon to start thinking about and planning for 2012. However, there is still plenty of time left in this year to continue to strive and accomplish your last years goals.

IF you have already reached your 2011 goals then I suggest that you set your sights way too low last year. Old Indian saying: "Its easier to hit the Flying Eagle when you are aiming at the Sun." If you've missed your 2011 plans and goals then don't give up, start pushing harder and working longer and smarter.

Nobody ever has an absolute promise of another "tomorrow" let alone a "Next Year." So why not give today all you have in the way of energy and efforts and work towards meeting the goals and dreams you have already outlined instead of spending time making excuses and thinking about the "MAYBE NEXT YEAR" trap.

These are my thoughts on this subject, what are yours?

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment