Friday, July 16, 2010

Lost dog

This past week a friend of ours had her dog breakout of the electric fence yard and run away - a black short legged dachsand and he was gone for 3 long days. We along with many others, searched a huge area looking for Sam (dog's name) and never had a sighting. Last night just before 11 pm Sam re-appears on his owners doorstep and was happy to be back home. No damage or injuries showing but I'm sure if Sam could talk he could tell quite a tail. I feel sure that Sam spent a lot of time this week stopping to smell the flowers and just look around in amazement at all of Gods creation on this earth. Amazing isn't it how God takes care of such small things such as a run away dog in a big city like Atlanta and yet we humans don't seem to be able to trust Him with leading our lives. He has given us everything, yet somehow we feel that we are more capable of running our lives without as much as talking with Him before we decide to do something.
Several of my other friends have discovered how much happier and more full their lives are when they just step back, get on their knees and pray to God before they make any decisions or take any steps into something. I see that, I understand that, I KNOW that it works, yet I find myself resisting that small step of turning over control of my life to Him. I know I need to work on that this week, and every week from here on out so my life too will be even more Blessed and happier than I already am.
How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment