Saturday, March 5, 2011

REFLECTION - QUESTIONS - THOUGHTS.

Wonderful quiet and rainy day in Georgia - perfect for reflection and deep thoughts. Sometimes it is profitable to ask ourselves some simple questions such as:

I wonder how people feel about me?
Do I leave behind a train of sadness or of gladness?
Is my memory, in others minds, entwined with mercy and goodness, or would they rather just forget me altogether?
Do I leave Blessings behind me, or am I a bane to others?
Is my life a pleasure to people or a pain?
Do I leave behind peace in lives, or turmoil?
Do I represent forgiveness, or bitterness?
Do I reflect contentment, or conflict?
Do I leave behind flowers of joy, or frustration?

Some folks enter our lives and leave behind such a sorry mess wherever they go that they have to cover their tracks and leave quickly. Do I ever feel any sense of shame or fear in going back to where I have lived or been before? If so why? It is my goal in life to leave a legacy of uplift, encouragement and inspiration to others. Am I staying focused on my goal(s) each and every day or do I allow the pressures of the day to change my focus? Do I ask enough questions of myself and/or others? Can asking questions be the answer?

I want to always be able to look at the mountains and see the beauty, not thinking about the difficulty of climbing them. To focus on the positive side and the possibility thinking rather than the dark viewpoints. I want a legacy of kind and tender thoughts from others and knowledge that goodness and mercy has followed me all the days of my life.

Where are YOU today? What are YOU thinking about today? These are my thoughts about this subject - what are yours?
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment