Monday, May 23, 2011

Stubborn or Passionate?

Since Biblical times people have been both stubborn and passionate. Sometimes it is very difficult to tell the difference. Stubbornness sometimes makes us deaf to the truth of a situation, and passion is never enough if you don't have the truth or facts to back your passion.

Many times our motives are good but our judgement is lacking. When this happens we seem to fall back on either our stubborn streak or our passion for a particular project or thing. Both can be positive traits but only when based in truth.

Last week as I sat in the IgCC Green Building Code hearings I saw very clearly both stubborn and passion exhibited and in many cases the emotions were without any factual basis at all - just raw emotions. One person got so emotional and worked up he passed out - now that just isn't good for anyone.

This week as I go thru yet another week of meetings I'm watching myself for signs of my stubborn German nature and my passion for certain things so that I control myself and fall back on truth and facts before calling in those other two emotions. Not saying neither or both aren't good when appropriate, just saying we need a complete package before proceeding.

These are my thoughts, what are yours?
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment