Tuesday, May 3, 2011

How do YOU see it?

I read/follow about 20 other blogs per day and I find it somewhat humorous at how differently other folks look at some situations from how I see them. Take the recent news from the middle east - apparently the women from the TV show "The View" - which I never watch and almost never agree with their points of view - are taking great delight in the killing of OBL. I submit to you that if Pres Bush had been in charge their attitudes would have been totally different (remember the waterboarding issue?). Others in the media also have shown our countries respective backside, in my opinion, by showing people dancing and shouting about this latest development.

Now before you start flooding me with comments, please understand that I am happy that OBL is gone, but having been in the military I have trouble getting that happy about killing another human being. As Grandpa used to say: "Some folks just need killing." but you don't have to be happy about it. It needed to be accomplished and our fine US Sailors did just that, but I'm sure they weren't really happy, smiling, and dancing around over the event - the just did their jobs. They did their jobs really well, but it was just another day at the office for them.

Other things are now being examined by the blog world and by tomorrow they will have fresh fodder for more bizarre posts I'm sure. One that I saw today showed how off center the media can project a message - I've seen both the questions and answers that were given on an Atlanta Journal article and read the article - neither of them resembled the other one. The AJC was so determined to present THEIR opinion of what they wanted the public to read that they forgot to present the actual facts that they were supposedly working from. The article was completely false based on the answers that were given to their pre-submitted questions.

I wonder how the world would operate if we didn't have such "spins" or "slants" presented on both sides, of the issues? Would people be comfortable actually having to think for themselves and make reasonable decisions about issues if someone else wasn't guiding their thoughts?

These are my thoughts, what are yours?
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment