Sunday, May 13, 2012

3 Things for sure!

There are certain absolutes in life, Death, paying taxes, and having some gas engine powered time saving device that won't start as advertised! Yea, I know, push the priming bulb 3 times, set the throttle/choke to start and then pull the starting cord. 900 times! Again and Again until you're ready to cuss and kick or throw the thing, then it finally starts. By then I'm too worn out to do whatever job it was I needed! Remember the communists always have said they will take over our country by not firing a shot, well in spite of certain actions by groups involved in running our government, I'm now convinced it will happen when everyone in the country gets a gas powered tool and try's to start them on the same day! Yesterday it was the lawn mower, but could just as easily have been the trimmer or blower. We are doomed! These are my thoughts, what are your? Happy Mothers Day to all the Moms out there. Steve

1 comment:

  1. Steve,

    I fully understand the gas powered "it won't start" problem. I usually walk away and drop the gas powered whatever off at the shop if changing the spark plug wasn't enough. Oh rats, my lawn looks long for another day or two. At least is is green instead of August straw brown. If I'm too busy, at least there are neighborhood kids always looking for a buck that will mow. I also have the owners of three landscape companies in the neighborhood to keep me from looking like the bad neighbor for too long.

    My worst frustration is the computer problem. I go from work around to realizing the work around will not work, to trying to solve it by googl-ing the problem. The next step is to ask my kids; who seem to have been born plugged into "the matrix" so they can solve anything. When their reply is Idunno (grrrr), I resort to calling the tech help line for whatever piece of equipment seems to be the problem. The tech person usually tells me the problem is actually is another piece of equipment from another manufacturer and passses the buck (go figure). I really think that technology that does not work with other pieces will be the downfall of all of us, either that or addiction to the Angry Birds game.

    Joe

    ReplyDelete