Saturday, May 26, 2012

Happy Memorial Day

Are you able to unplug from work? 

Many of us who are so involved in business have difficulty in unplugging from work, even for a holiday weekend.  Today with everyone using smart phones and staying constantly in touch it becomes even more difficult to disconnect and enjoy the personal activities that make a holiday weekend so enjoyable.

Now my wife has already asked me if all of this is true then WHY am I writing a blog on the weekend?  Well, the truth is I find this activity both enjoyable and relaxing so I don't consider this work.  When I ponder that thought process further I find that what I do to earn a living I also find enjoyable and relaxing so in fact, for me, work isn't really work.  Maybe that's why I find it so difficult to unplug for vacations or holiday weekends.  Just a thought - enjoy yourself this weekend, no matter what you choose to do!

These are my thoughts, what are yours?
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment