Thursday, June 28, 2012

TWO SET'S OF EYES

It has always amazed me how two people can look at the same thing and see it so differently.  I was again reminded of this earlier this week as another person and I were driving past the skyline of the city of Atlanta.  Whenever I see this beautiful sight I get excited and think about all the opportunities that either exist or are about to be created in this city.  My friend, seeing the exact same view as I did, thought about all the crime, poverty, and all the awful things you hear about in big cities.  WOW!!

Aren't the annual political races exactly the same way? We have multiple parties running for office because folks see things differently.  We have one candidate, usually the officeholder, claiming everything is great and wonderful and he/she deserves another term, while the other candidate tells everyone just how awful and dreadful everything is and how it must be improved or the world will end in disaster quickly. Usually when the dust of the race settles we the public find out both sides slightly exaggerated their viewpoints and things continue forward, maybe not to the liking of everyone, but certainly to the pleasure of some. I become amused when someone claims to be TOTALLY COMMITTED to one party or another - in my findings I seem to see a lot of good and awful in both sides of most political issues, after all, that is part of the nature of politic's. Compromise.

Think about businesses that you know, some accommodate all the changes we face daily in life and make new opportunites, while the other seems to oppose all change and continue to want to do business as it always has. One company is aggressive, fast, and opportunistic; while the other is time-bound, filled with archaic systems and structures, and is either blind to, or refuses to, accept or reconize new opportunites for growth.

I'm certainly not avocating that ALL change is good, but change certainly is a part of our daily lives and we all must learn to accept change and adapt to newer and mostly better ways of accomplishing the same tasks we were before.  Typewriters gave way to desktop computers, which have evolved to laptops, which now are moving towards tablets.  It seem constant, yet is actually driven by our own demands. All the social media in the world can't take the place of a personal visit with a friend. Some things seemingly won't change, and I believe it is because the good things don't need changing.

Yesterday I watched a video of my old high school being torn down earlier this year - sadness filled my heart as I remembered all the good times of my life in that building, yet I also saw pictures of the new school built next door and am thrilled for all the young folks who will have a much better facility in which to learn their education. 

Yep, two set's of eyes, sometimes even within one person.  All will be well with the world.........

No comments:

Post a Comment