Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Rejection and Fear.

Rejection and Fear, these twins of evil seem to come hand in hand as a set when they make an appearance in our lives. Today I personally feel neither of these, my life is good and I am feeling confident without having to deal with excess ego and pride ruling my emotions. However, I am seeing the results of these emotions today and as I think about them, without the emotional baggage of me being personally invested in them, it becomes very apparent to me how evil these two really are.

Sometimes however, we will find ourselves in circumstances where we are just uncertain of what to do. In those times, fear can take hold of us and prevent us from taking the next logical step into the place that we are being drawn toward.

Even when we take that next step, we can then be overcome by second guessing and doubts about whether what we did was the right thing to do...and fear works at us to keep us stuck in those places of doubt and uncertainty.

I'm sure you, just as I, have been in these difficult places countless times in life. I'm also confident that you, just as I, have made both good and poor choices when in those difficult places.

The rejection part of fear is mainly being concerned with how "Others" in the various corners of our lives will view our decisions or actions. We empower this fear by allowing others to have that power of approval over us when quite frankly, it just does not exist. It is acceptable to be aware of our actions/decisions as they affect others close to us (like a spouse or parent/children) but when we feel the fear from those who have no real stakeholder position to be judging our actions then it becomes quite a huge negative effect in our lives.

My hope then for each of you today is that you will quickly recognize and become aware of the fear when you begin to feel it and deal with it quickly. The power of your lips (your words) and your mind (your thoughts) are far stronger than the power of fear or rejection in determining your path today. Think and verbally (yes, out loud) say only positive and helpful things about your decisions today.

Besides, if you really screw up and make a horrible decision just remember that tomorrow is another new day and you can choose to make a "U" Turn and correct that situation.

Peace my friends.

1 comment:

  1. Amen, Brother.
    But why are you sending this to me? Are you trying to tell me something? Where does paranoia fit in?

    ReplyDelete