Saturday, May 29, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend

It constantly amazes me all the ideas folks have for ways to pass the time. My family has choosen the lake - we've spent every Memorial Day at the lake since I was a child and for 35 years now Christy and I have continued this (except the one year our daughter Jen was born - Christy and I spent that weekend at the hospital) but this year I've learned of a new way to spend time.
There is a place near our lake house in Tiger, Ga (yes this is a real name and a real place) called Goats on the Roof. It is obviously a family enjoyment place (look it up at: WWW.Goats-on-the-roof.com ) and great fun for everyone. This place isn't too far from Helen, Georgia, our replica of an old German Village and also not far from Cherokee, NC. Several of our friends are spending this holiday weekend as tourists viewing these many funny places.
One "connection" that I seem to find is that this free time is a great opportunity to spend quality time with family and friends. In this fast paced world today we should cherish each and every opportunity to slow down and enjoy our relationships while building new ones.
Make it a safe holiday weekend.

How are you spending your holiday weekend? Share with us your comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment