Saturday, August 7, 2010

Blessings

I am so very Blessed. Some days (like today) I just sit and wonder why God Loves me so much and provides so many wonderful Blessings in my life. These are difficult times we live in, and yet I can find beauty and happiness all around me during each and every day. I am presently at our lake house at Lake Hartwell, Georgia and as I write this I can look around and see so much beauty both on the lake side of the house as well as the wooded side of the house. I also never forget that even being able to own this house and property are also God's Blessings on our family.
I have a wonderful wife who loves me, who has stuck with me even during some very difficult times in our married life, who gave birth to and raised 3 wonderful children for our family, and still finds time for her own career. Christy is truly the wind beneath my wings. Recently our home in Norcross was broken-in and the thieves stole all of our jewelry - as you can imagine, most of it was Christy's. She was disappointed more in the loss of the memories that each piece stood for rather than the monetary value of the loss. Some of the bracelets went back to her childhood. She still was thankful that we were not home and not hurt, our dog was out in the back yard, and not hurt, and it was just "stuff" that was stolen.
Our family is not perfect, but we are all healthy, happy, and the love we all feel for each other shows always - even when we sometimes don't exactly "like" each other sometimes. Our two daughters are happily married, one with a wonderful daughter of her own who also is a huge blessing in our lives. Our son is experiencing some difficult times right now with employment, but still is happy and healthy and working hard without gripes or complaints. He too sees all the blessings around even his current situation.
My work is absolutely perfect for me. It is almost as if God has placed me exactly where he wants me (do you think?) and then surrounded me with fantastic people who are also a large part of the Blessings that I feel daily. Many folks struggle to get out of bed and go to work for eight hours, I love what I get to do, love the people I work with, love the people I come in contract with thru my job and generally just can't want to get started each and every morning. On top of all of that (as if it were not enough) I get paid to do this!
We are surrounded with fantastic friends who love us and support us. Never does a day go by without at least one of our friends calling just to check up on us and see what is happening in our lives. No amount of money can replace that wonderful friendship feeling.
I realize everyone has peaks and valley's in their lives and that the path is not always easy, but I for one just want to keep reminding myself of how Blessed we are no matter if I'm experiencing a mountaintop experience or walking thru the dark valleys of difficult times.
How about you? Where are you today? Are you willing to be thankful for all the Blessings in your life also? I pray so!

1 comment:

  1. Ah, Steve, this is so very true! My husband once remarked that if you've got "a roof over your head, food on your table, and the love of a good woman," you've got all you need. We don't have a lot of money or a lot of fancy things, but we are rich in God's love and blessings. He has always seen to our needs, more than a few of our "wants" and, yes, even some of our "greeds." We've also experienced a break-in (I've had two) and the last time all that was taken was cash ... paper with dead presidents on it! We were at home asleep in bed at the time! My husband remarked it "wasn't the first time God caused a deep sleep" to fall on someone. Living in coastal south Florida, we've had to learn to live with the threat of hurricanes from June 1 to November 30 (hurricane season) every year. We face each season with the same thought: if we lose everything we own, yet survive the storm, we will make it just fine. We suffered only minimal damage in 2004 when Twins Frances and Jeanne took direct aim at our community just weeks apart. We are surrounded by individuals who have so much less than we in the material sense, but our concern should always be for their spiritual needs. After everything in this life had ended, where we spend the next life -- eternity -- is what matters most. By sharing our blessings, and the One who blesses us, perhaps we can lead one to share in our joy and inheritance. I'm enjoying my life right now, but I'm truly looking forward to the next one! See you there!!! Jan

    ReplyDelete