Friday, December 16, 2011

Fast Start 2012

Hopefully everyone found last Monday's post on The Compound Effect - interesting and useful. Carrying forward in that same light, I would like to suggest that you consider taking time right now to carefully craft your "plan" for 2012.

My "plan" which I update regularly, but at least annually, includes the following items:
My personal vision statement
My Life Purpose statement
My Roles and Goals statement
My Accountability Checklist
One final item that I found helpful for me is a list of my strengths and weaknesses so that I can remain aware of both and plan to utilize my strengths while supporting my known weaknesses with others help.

Probably the single thing that I do that is critical for me is to plan and execute a daily Quiet Time. This is the time when I set myself apart to review and pray about everything going on in my life. I try to accomplish this in the mornings, but since my schedule requires flexibility I find myself doing my quiet time at various times - sometimes mornings, sometimes evenings, and sometimes even during my lunch time at the office. The critical thing for me is to DO IT!

If you have interest in any of the above planning items or tools, please contact me directly via email and I will share my statements and plans with you. It sounds overwhelming when you read this, but believe me, once you start it becomes so very easy and after you have carefully crafted your plan updating it regularly is actually quite fast.

I look forward to hearing from you.
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment