Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Relaxing over the Holidays

I wrote earlier this month about making and working a plan for 2012. I've already completed the outline of my personal plan - but with me it is not just a written piece of paper but rather a living document that gets reviewed regularly and updated as needed.
As I sit here at home this last week of 2011 enjoying a week of vacation and visiting with my daughter, son-in-law, and grand daughter I realized that I wasn't really living my plan. Worse than that, I haven't been for the past several years! You see I always have God first in my plan, then family, then personal items and secure it all with work plans.
It dawned on me, rather shocked me, that for the past few years I haven't used all my vacation time that my company, USG Corp, is so generous to provide. This year is no exception. I am losing almost 2 weeks of vacation, again this year, and that just isn't fair to anyone.
I violate my family plan by shorting them of time together, and I violate my work plan because as we all really KNOW but sometimes forget to admit, that I don't do my best work when I'm tired and not really refreshed and recharged - which by the way - IS the PURPOSE of the company providing vacation time.
So I've just taken advantage of a fantastic opportunity to book a 5 day cruise with another couple during the month of January because the price was just way too cheap to pass it up! $219 per person for 5 days of cruise, including all taxes and fees! When you figure the cost of food and entertainment as well as the sleeping accommodation's, you can't even stay at a Motel 6 for that cheap - even if they do "Leave The Light On."
So this year, maybe for the first time ever, it is my plan and intention to spread my vacation time out and find real bargains so that not only do I recharge and refresh, (my work goals), I also meet my social, personal, and family goals, and have fun all at the same time.
What about you? Have you started on your plan for 2012 yet? Reviewed it? Thought about it?
No time like NOW to start so that 2012 will be the Best Year Ever for you.

Back to my family and easy chair now............
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment